MÉRIDA, Yucatán.- With the death of a Greek citizen a few minutes ago, there are already three people who died of the COVID-19 Coronavirus in Yucatan.
This patient, like the first two, had been hospitalized since last week at the Regional Hospital of High Specialty of the Yucatan Peninsula (HRAEPY).
As we have reported, on Friday morning, April 3, the first victim died, a 36-year-old man who had entered two days earlier. The same day in the afternoon, the death of a British citizen who had descended from the Marella Cruise, in the port of Progreso, was confirmed.
The Greek citizen who died this Monday, arrived at the hospital with two others of the same nationality with whom he was visiting in Merida.
HRAEPY “reconversion” for COVID-19
This morning, at a press conference, HRAEPY director Alfredo Medina Ocampo reported on the hospital’s restructuring (announced by the federal government two weeks ago) to care for patients with COVID-19.
He said that until today in the area arranged for care for this disease, 7 patients have been hospitalized. This area stated it has availability of 14 beds, with the possibility of expanding up to 38 beds.
In addition, on another floor of the hospital, there is space to serve 42 more patients.
He said that as a result of the measures announced by the Federal Government, 39 specialist doctors and 85 general nurses will be hired.
The Mazatlan Post